Our Child Care Centre is licensed and accredited. We provide full-time and part-time services for children 1 – 6 years old. We provide superior child care and early learning in a nurturing, inclusive, and multicultural environment.
We support children in their social/emotional, physical, and cognitive development and strive to inspire children to become lifelong learners. Columbia Childcare Centre is a child-centred community of learners where children, families, educators and staff work in concert with one another. This partnership creates a trusting, nurturing and reciprocally supportive environment where joy, play and learning are celebrated. The Columbia Childcare Centre is open not only to children of the staff and students of Columbia College but to the public as well.
Columbia Childcare Centre provides superior child care and early learning in a nurturing, inclusive, and multicultural environment. In addition to English, some of the languages spoken in the centre are Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Urdu, Nepali, and Farsi.
Philosophy & Values
Learning through play.
- Learning through play is a leading source for healthy developmental the early years and is an effective way to support growth for the whole child- socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually.
- Staff carefully observe children and base programming on individual interests, needs, and abilities.
- Our programming focuses on connecting learning through play with life skills, such as making good choices, communicating well, and interacting cooperatively with others.
Columbia Childcare Center’s philosophy aligns with the philosophy of Columbia College Calgary:
Columbia's Philosophy & Values
- Columbia treats individuals with dignity and respect; Columbia approaches individuals in an honest, open, fair and friendly manner. Columbia recognizes and respects individuals from other cultures and regions in the world.
- Columbia recognizes that vendors, suppliers and consultants are essential for our success and therefore treats them as valued persons.
- Columbia is a proactive, flexible and responsive organization.
- Columbia’s focus is to continuously improve the quality of its programs, materials and services and learning outcomes, through objective and factual analysis of data and information.
- Columbia maintains a balance between being highly results-oriented and caring about the development of each learner.
- Columbia provides relevant content in a supportive environment maximizing human development.
- Columbia employees are professionals who continue to develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as their ability to communicate effectively.
- Columbia works cooperatively and collaboratively with leaders from business, government and labor to ensure the advantage of being at the leading edge of new technologies and trends.
- Columbia’s approach to leadership is demonstrated by supporting others, helping individuals and assisting coworkers. Leadership and fellowship is the responsibility of every individual.
- Columbia recognizes that its personnel are its most valuable resource. Columbia’s future is based on the success of its employees in meeting the present and future needs of learners. Columbia believes input into decision making should be sought from employees as much as possible.
Fees & Subsidy Rates
Fees (all programs)
|Age||Monthly Fee||Affordability Grant||Parent's Portion Before Subsidy|
|12 to 18 months||$1225||$635||$590|
|19 - 36 months||$1120||$510||$610|
|Over 36 months||$1075||$450||$625|
Alberta Childcare Subsidy Rates
|Family Income||Full-Time Rate (100+ hours)|
|$0 - $119,999||$266|
|$120,000 - $124,999||$253|
|$125,000 - $129,999||$239|
|$130,000 - $134,999||$226|
|$135,000 - $139,999||$213|
|$140,000 - $144,999||$200|
|$145,000 - $149,999||$186|
|$150,000 - $154,999||$173|
|$155,000 - $159,999||$160|
|$160,000 - $164,999||$146|
|$165,000 - $169,999||$133|
|$170,000 - $174,999||$120|
|$175,000 - $179,999||$106|
|Part-time rates are prorated based on hours (80 hours - 80% of the full-time rate)|
Learn more about Alberta's Childcare Subsidy rates & application process here.